Beam shapingand Homogenization
Laser beam shaping and homogenization of the laser beam profile are important tools to improve the results of the laser process.
- Beam homogenization with hexagonal and octagonal light guides
- Square spots due to square fiber optic core
- Simple laser lines with glass optics
- Highly integrated solutions with micro lens arrays
- Complex geometries with Diffractive Optical Elements ( DOE ) or ROE ( Refractive Optical Elements )
- Lines, double lines, axicons, homogeneous rectangles, top hat profiles
- Customized optics
Thanks to various optical systems, we can offer our customers almost any spot geometry in laser focus.
Usually, multimode optical fibers in the focus generate a Gaus-shaped energy distribution.
Hexagonal or octagonal optical fibers can be used for pure homogenization in the circular working point of the laser. Mergenthaler assembles such optical cables and obtains nearly perfect TOP HAT profiles in the focus,
For beam shaping we use either special optics, microlens arrays or DOE (Diffractive Optical Elements) or ROE (Reflective Optical Elements).
With these, almost any geometry can be created.
We always pay special attention to the integration of a pyrometer coaxial to the laser beam.